Get your clients' belongings protected with our contents insurance, underwritten by Legal and General Insurance.
All of our home insurance customers benefit from:
- Helplines - your clients can get inclusive legal and home emergency advice
- Replacement locks and keys if keys are stolen up to £750.
Contents cover summary*
- Contents cover ranging from £40,000, up to £100,000 (provide your clients home has no more than five bedrooms and built post 1849)
- For first time buyers, cover can start at £20,000
- If your client’s bedroom has more than five bedrooms or the above limits are not suitable, cover can usually be arranged for a chosen sum insured up to £100,000 under the ‘select’ option on the Halifax Quotation system.
- Tailored cover to suit your clients' circumstances including up to £5,000 (or £1,000 for each individual item) for children's contents whilst studying away.
- Contents in the garden up to £1,500
- Theft or attempted theft from your garage/domestic outbuildings up to £3,000
- Replacing lost or stolen locks and keys to the external doors to your home up to £750
- Accidental damage included as standard for computers, TVs, business equipment, plus accidental breakage of mirrors and fixed glass in furniture.
- Additional options include: - Extended accidental damage, legal expenses, personal possessions cover for items in and out of the home and cover for high value items. Additional premiums apply.
* Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
A standard excess of £100 applies to all claims made, other than in the event of escape of water where it’s £250. A minimum of £1,000 also applies to buildings claims for subsidence, heave or landslip.
Types of insurance available
- Tenants (contents insurance)
For details of the terms conditions and exclusions that apply, please refer to the literature.